Our groups are recorded. These recordings are stored in a protected online google doc and destroyed once the group is complete. If you have a concern about our calls being recorded, please contact the group facilitator ahead of time. We will discuss alternate options.
OUR AGREEMENT WITH ONE ANOTHER:
1) It’s About Me: Keep your focus on your thoughts and feelings. We work in 1st person (I, me). We DO NOT husband bash. (Let no corrupt talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear [Ephesians 5:29].) This is a safe place to do healthy venting, but we cannot permit slander or bashing of another person.
2) Blessed are the Brief: We are committed to respect, mutual support, being safe, and genuine sharing. We desire to include all group members, so please limit sharing to 3 minutes so that everyone gets a chance to participate
3) Trust the Wonderful Counselor: We are here to support and encourage one another as we each seek God’s direction for our lives and marriages. We are NOT here to “fix” one another. Please avoid offering advice and solutions to others. Empathy is welcome, but we aren’t the Wonderful Counselor—the only One who can fix broken relationships.
4) Practice Active Listening: There should be no crosstalk, please. Crosstalk includes interrupting, asking prying questions, or engaging in any back-and-forth conversations while a member is in the process of sharing.
5) Safety First:
• If we are concerned that you are at risk of hurting yourself or others, we will approach you and will advise outside counsel of the situation.
• If we are concerned that others might be hurt around you (not because of you) we are required to report this to appropriate authorities. However, we will not do this without discussing with you first.